Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I dont like my job

This is a 'woah is me' post which I tend to feel about 4 times a year (namely when BAS is due).

I really cant complain too much about my job, I only normally work one day a week (and even then it's only for 1/2 the day) but when BAS is due I just doesn't seem to stop.

I do my neighbours books and they are in the worst state I can think of. He literally gives me a shoe box at the end of the quarter filled with receipts, banking deposits and a mound of invoices he's been accumulating. He generates them on his computer using Excel only to give them to me to enter them in to MYOB, therefore they are created twice.

Half of the transactions on his bank statement (if I'm lucky enough to get them) dont have a receipt or any paperwork for me to match up and if there are deposits made into the bank account I have no idea which invoices they are for. I should be a detective because it seems like that is what my main role is when it comes to his books.

So after spending over 12 hours today on them (plus the other 8 yesterday) I've had enough and I've had to come an have a vent (hubby's asleep so it would do me no good to vent to him, plus he doesnt listen or give a shit anyway).

1 comment:

  1. Hi hun. I have tagged you over at http://lucyinthesuburbs.blogspot.com/2009/06/meme-ories.html You dont need to do it but just thought id tell you. :)

    ReplyDelete