Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The storm before the calm

What is it about preparing to go on holidays. It's always a mad rush to get things done - work, washing, shopping and packing.

Is all the stress and rushing around really worth while packing up the car and driving for 12 hours with two noisy, whingy, arguing kids who have to stop every half hour because they need to go pee or are hungry. I'll also need to have a few 'sanity stops' when the kids drive me crazy that if I dont remove myself from arms length I may do something which will cause them to be removed from my care (for anyone who doesnt know me that last part was a joke). When we get there we will be spending 7 days cramped up in a small caravan - hows the serenity LOL. Rest assure that I will be packing a case of wine to take with me on our 7 day trip :)

At least we will be in one of our country's most beautiful and relaxing places so hopefully this will counter balance the stress of confinement with hubby and the kids and I wont end up as a mad woman who's on the verge of becoming a deranged lunatic.

Time will tell how this trip will end up. Wish me luck and I'll report back in a week or so and let you know if it was all worth while. Come to think of it we should've booked a cruise instead where the kids are thoroughly entertained by someone else and sent back to their mum and dad exhausted.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Leila. When it all gets too hard I'll go snokelling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have an awesome time Sharon! The boys got DS's for xmas last year and I swear they have made road trips almost bearable! We tried the in car DVD player and they fought over what to watch, who could see the screen better, it was too loud, too quiet.... it went on and on lol. Now they have their own DS's and they only problem is when one of them forgets to charge it :-S It even shuts Fernando up (he's got one as well!)
    Cant wait to hear all about your trip when you get back xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl has got a DS but it causes trouble because the 2yo boy wants to play it all the time. Looks like we may have to get the toddler one too. Thats some expensive peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete