Sunday, March 22, 2009

Walking in the Rain

One of my lifes joys is to walk in the rain.

I was able to enjoy that pleasure today when walking home from canteen duty at school. It started sprinkling and then slowly got heavier and heavier. By the time I got home the water was dripping off my clothes and I was soaked through with my hair plastered all over my face. I love the smell of rain on the hot pavement and the cool and sometimes stinging sensation of the rain on my face.

Why do some people find it strange that others get enjoyment out of walking in the rain rather than find shelter and hide from something that wont harm them. It's when I'm out in the rain that I really feel alive.

1 comment:

  1. I love the rain when it's slightly warm and humid. Actually thats one thing I miss so much. It rains ALL the time here, except its always freezing.

    Sounds like a very exhilarating walk.

    ReplyDelete